Sunday, December 28, 2014

Alien merchant

Alien merchant

Sup ! Hope you had a merry christmas !
I was so lucky to get a early christmas present in late november by my good friend Sonny Bundgaard.
Sonny is the owner of the club i play at, and is the most passionate hobbyist i know.
With not only hella beefy painting skills but also extraordinary sculpting skills.
He sculpted this ''Alien merchant'' for a contest , and from what i heard he is considering to do an entire line of space/alien civilians which will all come up for sale at some point.
You can check out his work at

https://www.facebook.com/Imitationoflifeminiatures?pnref=lhc

or his blog

http://www.imitationoflifeminiatures.blogspot.dk/

Enough with the praise hahah

 I had a hard time deciding what colour skin i would give him , but i settled on purple
 as its the colour i use the least.
For the clothing i went for a crossbreed between jedi robes and dirty mechanic.
I built up the purple from Hexed lichen (vallejo game colour purple) and elf skintone with a tiny tiny droplet of bleached bone.
On his back i got insipired by JRN's weathered white on the merchants holodisk displayer? or what ever it is hahah.



I would love to hear if any of you were interested in a copy of this guy or other space civilians for that matter.
C&c are very welcome as are all questions.

Happy new year!

3 comments:

  1. I really like him. I would probably have hedd for another colour for his clothing though. Brown makes it look like old leather and hence reminds of fantasy. I would paint it another colour like a modern hoodie.

    I'm all for anyone designing space civilians and aliens !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right with the browns , i should have gone for something more bold . All these fantasy models make you conservative heh

      Delete
  2. Just came across your blog, you have some great stuff! I'm def interested in how I might acquire this Alien Merchant if possible!

    ReplyDelete